2-8. golf practice equipment 통한 아이언샷 자세 만들기(1)To make a good swing, all elements of the swing movement are critical, but the shoulder rotation is important. Without a proper shoulder rotation, the upper body will cause an over the top swing motion causing inconsistent directions to your shots. Improper shoulder rotation will affect the distance of your shots as well. Check out the following exercises on the GDR (golf practice equipment) for that perfect iron swing.

 

  1. 9 to 3 Drill

2-8. golf practice equipment 통한 아이언샷 자세 만들기(2)

1) Place an alignment stick or a golf club on the inside position of each foot.

2) Place the club shaft across the chest or the back and parallel to your shoulder line.

3) For the 9 o’clock rotation, the club shaft on your body should be rotated until it is parallel to the shaft on the inside of your right foot.

4) For the 3 o’clock rotation, the club shaft on your body should be rotated until it is parallel to the shaft on the inside of your left foot.

  1. L to L Drill

Next drill is for practicing the proper wrist cock. The “L” is formed by your left arm and the club shaft. Many golfers end up swinging with their arms because they are not able to maintain the “L” shape on the backswing and the downswing. Let’s take a look your swing through the GDR(Golf practice equipment) and get to practice.

1) Grip your club and position in front of your body.

2) Cock the wrists until your left arm and the club shaft forms the “L” shape.

3) Maintain the cocked wrists and rotate your body to the 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock positions, while always ensuring the clubhead and the grips are in front of your body.

 

  1. 10 to 2 Drill

사진2

Continuing from the “L to L” drill, lift your arms on the backswing until you reach the 10 o’clock position and then swing through to finish at the 2 o’clock position. And that’s a good 90% of the iron swing. For the remaining 10%, complete the full swing with the cocked wrists as you pass the 2 o’clock position.